When you purchase and download this PDF file, you will receive two downloads. 1: the pattern. 2: the instructions.
• Two fat quarters of fabric: preferably corresponding designs. One will be for the front of the bib and the other will be for the back of the bib.
• KAM snaps: Two caps, one male, and one female (I think that’s what they’re called. That’s what I call them. The front snap and the back snap.)
• KAM snap hardware.
• Cotton thread
• Sewing machine or needles if you’re hand-sewing
• Fabric: When choosing fabric for bibs, the possibilities are endless. If you want to make an absorbent bib, consider using bamboo, cotton, hemp, or microfiber. Terry cloth is also good for this. If you’re making a bib that’s solely based on comfort, consider using a cotton/spandex blend of fabric or lycra. My favorite place to order these supplies is online at DiaperSewingSupplies.com. (I am in no way affiliated with the Diaper Sewing Supplies business and am not advertising for them. I’m merely giving suggestions on where to buy supplies.)
• KAM snaps and hardware: You can buy these at your local craft store. I think I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I used to buy the off-brand of snaps, but I quickly learned my lesson when they didn’t go on right. I highly suggest using the name-brand. But if all you have is the off-brand because you bought them in bulk and have one thousand to use before you buy more (like me), then USE THEM. 😊
• Scissors: If you have a rotary cutter, I think it would work best with this kind of project. However, any fabric scissors will work just fine.
When I sewed this bib for the instructions images, I scaled it down in my software, so I could make it smaller. The pattern you get will be 50% larger than the pattern in the pictures of this instruction manual.
A little bit of honesty here: This is the very first pattern I’ve ever made to sell in my shop, Mama Bear’s Burrow. If you have any suggestions or recommendations regarding this pattern, please feel free to email me at mamabearsburrow [!at] yahoo.com. I’m always open to positive criticism or praise. But please don’t be blatantly rude. 😊 We’ve all got to start somewhere, right?
With that being said, I hope you find this pattern to be very useful and fun to make!
This listing is NOT a physical item. Nothing will be shipped to you.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.